Sunday, September 30, 2012

Smashburger

Since my last post was a re-creation of the rosemary and olive oil fries served at Smashburger (my all-time favorite chain burger joint), I figured I should pay homage to the original creator.
Smashburger is a fun fresh restaurant that's popping up in random cities across America. Unfortunately, there's none within a 30-mile radius of my location, so I have to travel a ways to get my hands on the deliciousness. Fear not, like all great loves, this restaurant is worth going the distance for.
So, this weekend, I trekked across our fair state to go to Smashburger visit my boyfriend in Kalamazoo, where the lucky inhabitants have access to a Smashburger. Of course, we had to go there at least once to grab a burger. (psst - I went twice)







For those of you unlucky enough to have never been here before, let me break it down for you:

The menu is divided into smashburgers, smashchicken, salads, hot dogs, and sides. If you're going for a burger, you can choose a preset recipe or a build-your-own option. They also come in three different sizes -
 small, regular, and large.
You walk up to the counter, joyously place your order, and, of course, add on a side of smashfries. Then they hand you a number and bring it to your table.



I opted for the build-your-own smashburger option - it's only $4.29 for a regular-sized burger, and most basic toppings and sauces are free.


When the burger tray arrives at your table, you'll be in awe of its beauty.



Fresh beef 'smashed' together with my generous plethora of toppings - pickles, tomatoes, red onions, cucumbers, lettuce, mustard, ketchup, and smashsauce - all held together by a buttery egg bun.


Let me warn you - they're generous with the toppings here. Which means your hands will likely be covered in whatever sauce you put on your burger after the third bite. Dress appropriately, or wear a bib.

And don't let me forget the olive oil and rosemary french fries that I'm so giddy about.



Simply delicious.

The boyfriend opted for a more tame burger than mine - cheese, ketchup, mustard, and smashsauce. 



Is it just me, or does it look like he got more fries than me??
Perhaps I just ate mine too quickly to tell.


If you're looking for a smashburger in your area, they have a great directory here.

Follow Me on Pinterest

4 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for the this wonderful review. We are blushing and happy that you had such a great time during your visit to our Smashburger. Hope you come to our humble restaurant again soon!

    from your friends at
    Smashburger
    Kalamazoo, MI

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh don't worry, I'll definitely be back! It's my favorite burger joint in kzoo!

      Delete
  2. I think Smashburger sets apart from other burger joints with their build-your-own option. The fact that you can control whatever toppings and sauces you want on the burger gives a different spin in eating a burger. And of course, I like that they have a warm and accommodating staff that makes you feel welcome. Makes you feel also that you want to come back for more Smashburger!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I completely agree! Plus, everything comes quick and tastes fresh - I hate it when I get a limp piece of lettuce on my burger, but everything Smashburger serves me is crisp and crunch!

    ReplyDelete