Tuesday, October 2, 2012

A Blonde at Bimbos

When I spent the past weekend at Kalamazoo, Smashburger wasn't the only restaurant I visited. My boyfriend and I hit up our favorite pizza joint within two hours of my arrival.
It's kind of a funny story how this place ended up as one of our favorites. Last year, when I was making my typical weekend visit, we headed downtown for dinner and a movie. Most of the restaurants were bars, and seeing as we couldn't drink, we were looking for something a little more our style. Running a bit short on time, we popped into a pizza joint called Bimbos. On a whim, we ordered a medium pizza with pineapple, ham, and bacon, and were instantly hooked. We're now regulars here.




The worn look of the old brick building implies that the restaurant has been a family gig for several generations. And sure enough, the counter is covered in old photos signifying how the restaurant has changed hands through relatives.
I assume the original owners came straight from Italy, because this pizza is truly some of the best pizza I've ever had. Crispy crunchy thin crusts piled high with toppings and sliced into squares.
This time, my boyfriend and I took our pizza to go. 



Behold the most amazing combination to ever sit on top of bread. Sweet and juicy pineapple, thick cut ham, and bacon, bacon, bacon.





If you ever find yourself on the west side of the state, head downtown to 338 E. Michigan Ave and grab yourself a pie. 
I'm already having withdrawals.






























Follow Me on Pinterest

No comments:

Post a Comment