Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Mastering the Art of French Apron-Wearing


In my household, I was notoriously famous for making messes.
Spilling syrup on the brand new carpet? Done.
Spilling yogurt as soon as we moved in to our new house? Done.
Spilling black ink in my room? Done. (I went through a Harry Potter phase and bought a quill pen and ink. Literally had to cut the carpet out and replace it because we couldn't get the permanent ink out of the white carpet.)

Needless to say, I haven't grown out of this trait (although I've become more careful). However, every now and then, particularly when I'm in a hurry, I've been known to spill a drop or two on the couch, the carpet, or my clothes. And I always seem to be in the mood for spaghetti whenever I'm wearing white.

Fortunately, I've found a solution - my first ever apron!







A must-have for all those with occasional klutzy hands, I picked this one out because of its adorable design. Flared skirt, black bows, and delicate Parisian designs. I snagged this Bon Appetit Apron here.

I'm absolutely in love with these little French-inspired doodles. 






If you find yourself spill-challenged like me, but hate the look of plain aprons, here are some other ones I can recommend:


This Alice and Wonderland-style apron is excellent for the quirky cook. Check it 
out here.

I also love this egg-and-bacon version of the skull and crossbones logo.
Find it here.

What are your favorite dressy aprons?

Follow Me on Pinterest

No comments:

Post a Comment