Friday, October 26, 2012

Babo Market

Yesterday, between classes, I hopped over to Babo, a market beneath 411 Lofts with Mallory. An experienced baker, she was looking to gather some ingredients for a few new scone recipes.
In the meantime, I thought I'd peruse the market's latest selection of meats, cheeses and freshly prepared foods. 
I've only been to Babo once before, but every single time I'm in awe of all the specialty and unique foods they serve.







This chickpea salad looked exceptionally phenomenal - I sense a new recipe in the mix!





As I perused, Mallory flitted in and out of the shelves gathering all of the ingredients she needed.

While I didn't originally plan on buying anything, I was distracted by the delicious coffee station - and ultimately tempted into buying a cup of Turkish Coffee when I saw it on their menu for a measly $2.




Despite the numerous delicious coffee shops to be found in Ann Arbor, I've been unpleasantly surprised to find that none of them serve Turkish Cofffee. For those of you who have never tried it before, Turkish Coffee is similar to espresso - super finely ground beans are used to produce a small, rich and very dark cup of coffee (with a hint of sweetness).


Their cream and sugar station is absolutely adorable, but I didn't want to ruin the steaming cup of coffee with anything cold.




Babo also has an extensive wine selection - which I assume I never noticed before because my under-21 eyes forbid me from paying too much attention to things I couldn't obtain.


Now, I know Babo is a pricier market than your average Meijer, but I'm wondering how much profit this place could really be making selling $60 and $70 bottles of wine to college students....




I'll definitely be coming back to grab a bottle of this pumpkin patch ale - so perfect for fall!




Follow Me on Pinterest

No comments:

Post a Comment