Thursday, October 18, 2012

Nutella Banana Muffins

I've been MIA for almost a week now due to the dreaded Hurricane Midterms Week that has swept through my life and left my apartment, sanity and laundry basket in shambles.
Fortunately, I'm going to make it up to you with something that gave me endless amounts of study motivation.
Nutella Banana Muffins.
I know what you're thinking - it's not possible! Something as delicious and caring as Nutella couldn't possibly be in cahoots with banana bread to make a gooey chocolatey dessert.
Think again...



Snagged this idea from The Londoner, but used the classic banana bread recipe from Fannie Farmer. I promise, if you make yourself a tray of these and say "I get to eat one of these after I (insert studying verb 1)..." you'll be on your way to an A in no time.

To make this, you will need:

3 ripe bananas
2 eggs
2 cups flour
3/4 cups sugar
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
4 Tablespoons Nutella

Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.

Start by mashing your bananas until they're mushy and gooey. Beat your two eggs and add them to the banana mixture. Throw in your flour, sugar, baking soda, and salt. Combine until you have a soft dough.

Line a muffin tin with muffin cups and equally distribute your batter into each cup (though aim for each one to be 3/4 full). Next, add a teaspoon of Nutella to each of the muffin cups. Using a knife or a toothpick, stir the Nutella around a bit in the batter so that it's not all lumped into one area (you want your Nutella to be swirled throughout the muffin, don't you?)

Place your muffin tray in the oven and wait an ungodly 20-25 minutes.

When they're done, try not to burn yourself on the gooey pockets of warm Nutella.




And try not to eat the whole tray in one sitting!*
*Under certain circumstances this cannot be prevented. I understand.


Follow Me on Pinterest

No comments:

Post a Comment