Sunday, June 10, 2012

Sweetwaters


I'm obligated to write a post about my favorite cafe in Ann Arbor, Sweetwater's Coffee and Tea. Why is it my favorite, you may ask? Well, for one thing, it's one of the few cafe's that isn't biased one way or another to favor tea over coffee or coffee over tea. You know how you can tell that certain shops, like Starbucks or Caribou, favor coffee over tea? Or tea over coffee? Yeah, Sweetwater's doesn't discriminate. 


And they prove this by making equally good-quality coffee and tea treats. Their ginger-lemon tea is to die for - a hot blend of spicy ginger, tart lemon, and the perfect amount of sweetener. I like it on a day-to-day basis in the winter, but I especially recommend it to my friends when they're fighting off a bad cold or allergies. Yet I'm also a glutton for their espresso sundaes, a large version of an affogato at a much cheaper price than most coffee establishments (of course, you could save even more money by making the homemade one that I posted about several days ago.)




See what I mean? Equal amounts coffee and tea!

The seating area is also much more spacious than that of a typical coffee or tea house. It's easier to think here, in my opinion.

There are three different Sweetwater's locations in Ann Arbor, one in Kerrytown, one off of Plymouth road, and one downtown off of Washington and Main.




And, their decadent collection of quiches, brownies, sandwich wraps, and assorted pastries make it an easy place to squat for an entire day and get some serious work done.





 When I stopped by recently, I treated myself to an iced tea lemonade - the hot tea just didn't sit well during a scorching afternoon. Luckily, since everything they make is excellent, I didn't miss out!







I like all of their locations equally, but if you stop by the one on Washington, be sure to search inside for the fairy door!




Follow Me on Pinterest

No comments:

Post a Comment