Monday, June 11, 2012

Epic Nachos

Today was one of those days where you come home after a long day of school/work/obligations/whatever else you happened to be doing and find yourself starving. 
I mean literally ready to eat anything starving. 

So, I went to my go-to meal - epic nachos. Named so because they happen to be healthy, filling, and delicious. The trifecta of epic.


Is your mouth watering yet???

To make these delectable nachos, you will need the following ingredients:

1 chicken breast, raw
1 avocado
1 can black beans or pinto beans
Salsa
Handful of tortilla chips
Your choice of cheese
One packet taco seasoning

Start off with a raw chicken breast. Place it on a hot grill, grill pan, or George Foreman, and douse it with your taco seasoning.


I didn't happen to have taco seasoning today, and feared that postponing dinner to run to the store would induce cardiac arrest by starvation. So I settled for some spicy grilled chicken seasoning by Weber.

You could substitute the taco seasoning for any type of spicy herb blend if you're in the same boat as I was. Feel free to experiment! 


While the chicken is cooking, grab your avocado and your can of beans.


Scoop out the avocado innards into a small bowl. Drain the can of beans and gently blend them with the avocado until you have a mushy mixture, but the beans aren't crushed.


At this point, you can feel free to add a drained can of whole-kernel corn as well. I usually do, but didn't have any today. And, as I said, I wasn't about to postpone eating!

Next, grab a bowl and fill it with a handful of tortilla chips (however many you think you'll eat. I always overestimate!)


Add your avocado-bean mixture on top.

Slice up your grilled chicken and throw it on top. Then scoop a dollop of salsa on the concoction and top it off with a small handful of your favorite cheese.






Enjoy your guilt-free nachos!


Follow Me on Pinterest

No comments:

Post a Comment