Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Molten Marshmallow Lava Cups



I developed this recipe tonight when I set out to make a dessert that was extremely easy and delicious. My goal was to re-create the molten marshmallow lava cake that I had at Diamond Jim Brady's with my friend Maria. However, most recipes for marshmallow cakes I looked up required a lot of ingredients and careful technique. I wanted to accomplish this with simple ingredients that most people could whip together quickly for a movie night with friends.

Now, before I unveil this incredibly short ingredients list, I want to warn you. This recipe is both delectably tasty and dangerously simple....

For this recipe, you will need:

One box of brownie mix
One egg
One bag of marshmallows
Oil
Water
12 baking cups

Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.

Follow the recipe on the brownie mix box of your choice (though I recommend selecting one with the word "fudge" in the title). Make sure to go according to the directions for fudgey brownies, not cake-like brownies. Mine dictated to use one egg, 1/3 cup oil, and 1/3 cup water. Add an extra tablespoon of water to the batter and mix the ingredients well.




Next, line a muffin tray with baking cups and place one marshmallow in each cup.




Before you start this recipe, be sure you have some baking cups to use! Much thanks to my friend Maria who was quick to lend me some when I realized I didn't have any! (oops!)

THANKS MARIA!!

Next, spoon the batter into each marshmallow cup. This works best if you start by pouring the batter around each marshmallow, then covering the tops completely.

Place the tray in the oven and set your timer for 16 minutes.

When they're done, resist the urge to dig in immediately and allow the brownies to sit on the counter for 2 minutes so they can finish cooking.



After you've tortured yourself and your guests, use your fingers to pull the baking cups out of the tray. Plop one, two, three, or however many you can eat on a plate and dig in! Don't be afraid to top them with strawberry or caramel sauce!









Follow Me on Pinterest

No comments:

Post a Comment