Wednesday, June 20, 2012

DJB's Big Burger

I'm going to let you in on a secret - my favorite burger joint.

Surprisingly, it's not a quaint and colorful down-home fries and burger grease bucket like most would expect. Quite the opposite. Diamond Jim Brady's, generally known as a high-class bistro, happens to be my first stop when I'm craving some serious high-quality burgers and fries for a reasonable price.

Let me give you a quick tour of the restaurant..






See what I mean? Not exactly the place you'd expect to find a great burger. And they certainly aren't the emphasis of this restaurant. After all, the majority of their menu consists of high-priced (but exquisitely made) fish, steak, and chicken entrees, so they generally cater to an upscale crowd. I started going here with my parents awhile back, and generally ordered salmon, potato-encrusted whitefish, etc. However, the light shined on me two years ago when my friend Courtney came out to eat with us and ordered a DJBs Big Burger.


Since then, I've never been able to order anything else off of their menu.

But for now I'll stop babbling and let the pictures communicate....




Let me just interject that these fries are a gift from God. Imagine Arby's curly fries, only thick-cut and 10x tastier. Ketchup would honestly be an insult to these fries.



I believe I've made my point.

But, to emphasize a bit more, let me point out that the basic DJB's burger and toppings with fries is NINE DOLLARS.

You heard me.

NINE DOLLARS.

This is a comparable price to Red Robin's, which sits right across the street, but the flavor and quality of the burgers are anything but comparable.

My addiction to DJB's Big Burger has gotten to the point that my friend Maria and I go here every time we want a reward or to celebrate a recent accomplishment. We even call them our "celebratory burgers.

In addition to the excellent food, I also appreciate DJB's attention to detail, even when serving a simple dish like a burger. When you order one, you won't see a waitress rush by and slam ketchup and mustard bottles down on your table without so much as a glance at you. Instead, your ketchup and mustard are brought to you in adorable little serving dishes.



And, of course, when Maria and I are celebrating something, we must get dessert...




The pick this time was a scrumptious Bud's Brick House Sundae. Gooey, caramely, and delicious (with fresh whipped cream!).

Now that your stomach is rumbling and you're ready for a taste, ditch the chain restaurants and go get your own addiction to DJB's.

Follow Me on Pinterest

No comments:

Post a Comment