Sunday, December 2, 2012

Amadeus Restaurant

If you follow me on Twitter, you know that my mom came into town yesterday and we went out to lunch. Our choice venue was one we'd passed many times, but never ventured into before.


Nestled in the corner of Washington and 5th, Amadeus is a European restaurant specializing in Polish favorites. I'm always a little skeptical of "authentic" European/Asian/African restaurants, but I can honestly say that sitting in this cafe makes you feel like you've been transported to a local Warsaw joint. Perhaps it was the two men sipping coffee and speaking another language, or the single waitress running around to serve every table, or the one cook who seemed to be preparing everyone's meal as if the restaurant was her own kitchen. This place is magical. 






I love the little bread basket - it's quite literally a basket.


Mom got the stuffed cabbage roll meal which was delicious...


I grabbed an amazing pierogi appetizer...


Five delicious and fluffy homemade pierogies dotted with sour cream, breadcrumbs, radishes, and cucumber. Amadeus lets you choose your own filling, so I got potato and farmer's cheese.


Yum!
Now, since this place is small and authentically European, don't expect to pop in and out for a 20-minute meal. This restaurant is a place to reconnect with an old friend over coffee and desserts, which is exactly what I plan to do in the near future.

Mom and I also stopped by a small shop on Main street, and I was drooling over their Christmas goodies by Stonewall Kitchen..




Did you know Zingerman's makes candy bars? Cause I didn't. Until now.


I forgot what the name of the shop was, but you can order stonewall products here, here, and here. Zingerman's bars can be found here.




Follow Me on Pinterest

No comments:

Post a Comment