Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Tuscan Cafe

I need to stop holding out you. I need to tell you where to find the best sandwich in Metro Detroit.
Tuscan Cafe.
In downtown Northville, just off of main, this little cafe specializes in sandwiches, homemade soups, Zingerman's dessert, delicious coffee, and an amazing atmosphere. When I was younger, I acted in one of the local theaters near this shop, where my friends and I would often come after rehearsals for cappuccinos and desserts. As I got older, Tuscan was the spot for me to maintain my rigorous AP exam study regime with a tall chocolate Italian Soda in hand. And nowadays, I come in as often as possible with new and old friends.



And anytime I order a sandwich, it has to be a full-sized #3 - Fly Me to the Moon.


Piles upon piles of shredded turkey, avocado, pesto, sprouts, sun-dried tomatoes, provolone cheese, and dijon mustard sandwiched between two toasted pieces of Zingerman's sourdough bread.



When paired with a cup of Michigan Cherry Coffee, this sandwich is the perfect mixture of freshness, comfort, and local flavor.


Now, I know I lured you in with this sandwich, but stay with me for a few more seconds while I tell you about my SECOND favorite part of Tuscan Cafe.
Two words: Specialty Cappuccinos.
That's right, this place has an entire menu dedicated to cappuccinos swirled with flavors like caramel, hazelnut, chocolate, and almond. It's encapsulated in the gold portion of their larger menu seen below:


My personal favorite is the Tuscan Supreme, a cappuccino with caramel and chocolate topped with whipped cream. I was addicted during high school, which is why I got myself one of these:


Trust me, it's a worthwhile investment. You won't be able to drink just one.
Did I mention the dessert menu? Or the donuts?
I guess you'll just have to see for yourself.

Follow Me on Pinterest

No comments:

Post a Comment