Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Christmas Smörgåsbord

The word "smorgasbord" has come to mean any table covered with platters upon platters of delicious food. However, the traditional Scandinavian denotation of Smörgåsbord refers to a buffet of (mostly) cold treats. For my Norwegian family, the ultimate Smörgåsbord occurs on Christmas morning.


Cups of hot tea and coffee (depending on your preference), soft-boiled eggs, shrimp, smoked salmon, and piles upon piles of cold cuts for open-faced sandwiches.





I know, I know, someone who calls herself The Coffee Breaker should be drinking coffee with breakfast instead of tea. But I still haven't been able to mix the flavors of shrimp and coffee together in the morning, so during a Smörgåsbord I opt for hot tea.





Merry Christmas!!

Follow Me on Pinterest

No comments:

Post a Comment