Thursday, February 28, 2013

Brunch at Angelo's

If you've ever been to Ann Arbor, you've probably already been to this place. Or at least heard of it.
But you'll also know how delicious the food is, so you'll still want to scroll down and look at the delicious pictures.
Am I right?


I thought so.
This week, Mallory and I decided to take advantage of a last-minute class cancellation to go to Angelo's for a late brunch. At 11:30, we hiked through the freezing rain (which later turned to hail, which turned into a winter storm, which made Ann Arbor look like Narnia...you get the idea) to get to the holy grail of diner food.
Sitting very close to the north edge of campus, Angelo's is a classic breakfast and lunch spot that specializes in homemade raisin toast and amazing fried potatoes. During freshman year, my dorm didn't have a cafeteria, so I spent most weekends ordering buckets of eggs and potatoes from this place to feed my breakfast food cravings.






Within minutes, we were drowning in warm mugs of coffee, being refreshed at an amazingly fast pace by our excellent waiter, and mulling over the menu.


After 30 seconds, we both admitted that we'd already looked up the menus online and made our decisions ahead of time.
Food is serious business, and preparation is key.
Mallory chose an spinach and egg white omelette with dry whole wheat toast.



I opted for the same thing that I always carried out in my younger days - two eggs, scrambled, with breakfast potatoes and buttered raisin toast.



Look at that forced smile, I can barely stand to pose for a picture long enough for it to be taken because I'm so eager to start eating.
But can you blame me? Look at this glorious plate.



Pure. Bliss.
I absolutely LOVE the breakfast potatoes here. I'm such a breakfast potato snob, and I can honestly say that these are some of the best I've had. 
And don't forget the toast. The toast is important.



Mallory and I munched away for an hour or so, getting spoiled with continuous coffee refills as we chatted about the Oscars and remained safely out of the rain. I wish I could spend every morning enjoying such a feast.
If you like the look of Angelo's, or if you haven't stopped in for awhile, I highly recommend popping in during the late morning on a weekday. Angelo's is usually incredibly busy on weekends and have a wait to sit down, but Mallory and I were one of 4 or 5 tables in the restaurant the entire time we were there. Trust me, it's worth taking a weekday morning off to treat yourself.




Follow Me on Pinterest

No comments:

Post a Comment