Saturday, February 9, 2013

The Black Pearl

Nope, I'm not talking about the well-loved Johnny Depp movie.
I'm talking about the well-loved restaurant on Main Street.



My parents popped over for a visit, and, always in the mood to try new restaurants (like parents like daughter), they booked a table at The Black Pearl.



I didn't know too much about the place before we went, only that it was known for its seafood and extensive martini list. Boy, are they serious about their drinks here. Just check out the bar.


With a tight and concise dinner menu, The Black Pearl is a small place that specializes in delicious and unique seafood. What they do, they do very well. Like this delicious shrimp guacamole appetizer:


So simple, yet so delicious. And with some seriously kick-ass guacamole.

For our entrees, my dad got the mahi mahi.

(sorry for the blur, but I can't ask my dad to withhold digging into his meal for more than a couple of seconds)

Mom got caramel apple salmon (like I said, unique and delicious)


And my choice of the night was the Pasta Gone Bayou. An enormous bowl of penne pasta, andouille sausage, crawfish, shrimp, and chicken smothered in a garlic cream sauce. Served with grilled bread (side note: grilling bread gives it an AMAZING smokey flavor).


And as much as I loved the dinner, I'm a sucker for dessert. Especially when the dessert is a molten lava cake.
I know nearly every restaurant tries to make a lava cake. Even Olive Garden has one. So I'm going to forego describing this one and just let the picture speak 1000 words.


Gooey.

Chocolatey.


Brownie batter.

Enough said.

Food coma.

Goodnight.


(seriously, this place is worth it just for the cake. I recommend stopping in for drinks and dessert at the bar! Or a full meal if you're feeling particularly in the mood for seafood.)


Follow Me on Pinterest

No comments:

Post a Comment