Saturday, February 16, 2013

The Prickly Pear

Despite my bests efforts to tell myself otherwise, the semester is in full swing, job recruiting is at critical mass, and midterms are just around the corner.
So, what better time than to take a night off with your friends?
Clearly, Matt, Maggie, and Sophie all had the same thought.
Our venue of choice was a small stop on the southmost edge of main street: The Prickly Pear.



Any place that serves free chips and salsa is alright in my book.

My friends thinks so too!


Matt and Sophie modeling the menu.

Social media maven Maggie and me (mid-facestuff).


It didn't take too long for us to barrel through two rounds of chips and salsa before our delicious entrees hit the table.

I went for the evening's special: sweet corn tamales half covered in mole sauce, half covered in pumpkin cheese sauce.


Maggie opted for the crab cake meal:



While Sophie and Matt each got the enchilada platter, with one sweet potato enchilada and one spinach and cheese enchilada.




Sophie being an instagram whiz.

We munched on rice, beans, chips, and tortillas and congratulated each other on our recent employments.
While going out to eat on a weeknight isn't always common procedure, I find restaurants to be less busy, which means you and your table have more time to chat and relax. There's nothing I hate more than feeling rushed to leave a restaurant early.
Moral of the story: if you want a lengthy and delicious Mexican meal, Prickly Pear (particularly on a weeknight) is your one-stop spot.

Follow Me on Pinterest

No comments:

Post a Comment