Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Skinny pOp

I'm obligated to introduce everyone to my new favorite bagged snack.
This doesn't happen often, let me just say. Not that I'm against processed food or anything, I've just never had the palate for typical boxed food. In my opinion, all potato chips taste like oil, pretzels are only good if they're dipped in chocolate, and cheetos are wayy too messy to indulge in (especially if you're wearing white).
I am, however, a big fan of popcorn. My awful indulgence is movie theater popcorn, authentically oil-popped and covered in butter that will probably still be coating my arteries when I'm 80. So, naturally, I was pleasantly surprised to find a bagged popcorn that I enjoy eating.



Skinny pop is the creation of CEO Pamela Netzky, and her gloriously simple and delicious recipe contains three ingredients - popcorn, sunflower oil, and salt. Much tastier than air-popped corn, which I find tastes like cardboard, but also lighter than your typical microwaved brand. 






Not to mention it's lower in calorie with zero trans fats. What's not to love?

Seriously, try this once, and you'll be hooked!



(PS, I found this stuff at Hillers, but apparently Costco sells it in huge bags. If you aren't near one of those, you can order it here)

Follow Me on Pinterest

No comments:

Post a Comment