Wednesday, August 8, 2012

The Mahek Buffet

This evening, I met up with my good friend Matt for a much-overdo dinner and discussion. We were craving something spicy and feeling incredibly gluttonous, so we opted for an Ann Arbor classic - Indian buffet.

There are numerous Indian restaurants available to students and business professionals alike in Ann Arbor, but most of them make buffets a lunch-only option. So we went to Mahek, on Washinton past Main St. downtown. Not only do they serve a splendidly cheap lunch buffet, they also offer a dinner buffet on Wednesday evenings for $9.




I'll admit, the decor of this restaurant was a bit dated, and it was pretty empty when Matt and I arrived. We didn't care - more delicious food for us!




Mahek serves a delicious dinner buffet. All entrees were hot and well-spiced, and this may have been the first time that I enjoyed the vegetable dishes more than the chicken dishes! (what can I say, I'm a tandoori girl at heart...) 
Above all, I recommend this place to any local college students who have a hard time meeting with friends for lunches and always find themselves coughing up twice as much cash to meet during dinner hours. By 6:00, this place was filled with Ann Arbor residents looking to take advantage of this dinnertime buffet specialty. I'm sure I'll be coming back soon to do the same!

Follow Me on Pinterest

No comments:

Post a Comment