Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Afternoon Toast

Since Mallory and I can't go more than a few days without eating brunch, we decided to meet up over our Spring Break for a bite to eat in Birmingham and some shopping.
She recommended Toast, a small restaurant that serves breakfast, lunch, and dinner in a retro setting. 



I liked the place as soon as I stepped in and was greeted with this picture.


Someone please tell me where I can pick one of these up for my house?




Mallory looked very excited as she browsed the breakfast menu (which they serve till 3 pm!)


I was just as enamored by their specialty coffee offerings. Any place that has a portion of the menu devoted to coffee is alright in my book.


Once we were given eclectic mugs full of warm coffee and fully immersed in the brunch options, we ordered our food.


I must say, as much as I hate spending money on breakfast food (since I can usually make it myself for cheaper), I absolutely LOVE eating breakfast out. The enjoyment of having a smorgasbord of potatoes, perfectly crisped buttery toast, mugs upon mugs of coffee, and everything covered in runny egg yolks is enough to make me spend the extra bucks to eat out.
Which is why I ordered this:


Eggs benedict and bacon on toasted sourdough with tomatoes and a side of breakfast potatoes. A-Ma-Zing.
Mallory got this fantastically beautiful omelette with potatoes and toast.


And how was it? Here's a hint.
Before:


After:


That's what I call taking care of business.
After stuffing ourselves full of eggs and caffeine, we made our way around Birmingham, flitting in and out of shops. I hadn't been down there in awhile, so it was nice to be able to see all the new shops the city has to offer.
While browsing, we came across an old-fashioned candy store. And since I'm actually 4 years old, I had to go inside to check it out.




My favorite part of the store was these little jelly bean bags wrapped up to look like cupcakes. So cute and such an easy gift idea for a candy lover!



If you're feeling the buzz of spring and looking to spend some time walking around, try going to Birmingham! Nothing puts me in a better mood than brunch and shopping.
Except may be second brunch and shopping.

Follow Me on Pinterest

No comments:

Post a Comment